Thursday, June 18, 2015

Now What?



Let me begin with a little background. I am a recent college graduate (for the second time) who took the scenic route. You see, I have spent every spare minute of the last 6 years working toward my lifelong dream of being a proud Penn State graduate. My first trip to college was less than stellar and I vowed to make it count the second time and finally be proud to call myself a Penn State graduate.

My freshman year was, let’s just say a disaster. I was far too interested in figuring out who I was and how I could visit my girlfriend, who was 2 hours away, with no car, no money and without my roommates finding out I even had a girlfriend. I was 17 and only my parents knew I was gay, my girlfriend figured it out and well, her mother did too and….then most of the kids in my 700 strong high school senior class. It was an interesting second half of my senior year to say the least….let’s just say it does get better…but that’s a story for another day.

Today’s story is about what happened after I finally got that coveted second Penn State degree. After spending the last 6 years working full time and attending Penn State World Campus carrying 6-9 credits every semester, including summer semesters culminating in receiving my master's and a second degree in law, I took a deep breath and asked my partner…What now??????? 

I found myself sitting on the couch, zoning out or walking around the house aimlessly, saying “bored now”.  This is a journey of finding something  to, well do, with my extra time. A wise person told me my new hobby should be studying for the LSAT….. (I’ll be taking that later this year), but I wanted to do something….. FUN!!! Something I haven’t really been able to do for quite a while.

Join me as I navigate new waters finding the perfect hobby, I hope you find it to be an interesting ride.

Next Week On…..I dive headfirst into Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Periscope, Instagram and whatever else I find

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear about the new adventures of the old Jill.

    ReplyDelete